Are you just starting out in boxing and you just realized that this is a sport that you enjoy and that helps you relax? Are you beginning to notice that you have good skills and a lot of talent so you even think about becoming a professional one day and making a living through boxing? Well, take things one at a time because there is a long way that you need to cover in order to reach that level. If you are determined, skilled, talented and ready to practice, practice, practice, then I am sure of the fact that you will obtain what you want. Until then, it is important to master the basics and we recommend you to begin with the equipment. For example, do you know how to select the right pair of boxing gloves? It is important to pay attention to details such as:
- The material that the gloves are made of
- Their size
- The budget that you have available.
Let’s discuss all these in a bit more detail so you can get a better understanding of what to look at when shopping for boxing gloves:
- Ensure a snug fit- This is an absolute must if you want to spend money on top quality boxing gloves that will also feel comfortable. There shouldn’t be too much room inside the gloves because if it is, then the risk of injuries is much increased.
- The gloves should stretch- I know that when you hear that you should not leave too much room inside, you get a bit worried that your hands will not feel comfortable. Well, it is all about picking out the right size of gloves and to also make sure that they stretch. If they do, then they should be a perfect fit.
- Don’t forget about hand wraps. A lot of beginners forget about the fact that they need to leave some room for hand wraps, so they don’t try them on before they purchase the gloves. This is a mistake that you need to avoid.
- Material- You can opt for vinyl, leather, lace or Velcro gloves. This is a quite subjective choice, depending on your preferences and budget but we recommend you to have a closer look at leather gloves; these will last for much longer, so even though you spend a bit more in the beginning, you actually end up spending less in the long run.
Having these tips in mind I am sure that you will make a wise choice. If you are open for some recommendations, then you should consider the Hayabusa T3 boxing gloves. Hayabusa gloves have become increasingly popular in the last few years for simple reasons:
- The dual wrist support
- They come in different sizes so it is easy to pick up the right size
- They have special features such as sweat thumb and a 4-way splint
- They have 5 layers of foam, which will provide you extra protection. This means that you can train harder and for longer.